Sri Lanka has unlimited opportunities for active recreation.
is able to surprise and satisfy the most demanding and demanding guests. Wadduwa
- a resort in 36 km. south of Colombo. There are luxurious beaches and emerald water. Air temperature +25 + 30 degrees, and water temperature + 29. The best period of the year for rest in Wadduwa is October to April. In Wadduwa there all conditions for water skiing, windsurfing, snorkeling and sailing are created.
is located 100 km south of Colombo. Here there are wide and clean beaches, waterfalls, lush tropical vegetation. The ocean water is sapphire-colored, and under water - coral gardens, the remains of sunken ships, shallow waters with beautiful, outlandish fishes. In Dickwella, those who are more interested in active rest like to rest. Here you can go diving, surfing, windsurfing. You can optionally choose the program: diving-cruise on a yacht + equipment + food. Among the wonderful creations of nature in Dickwella - the Blow Hole, 3 kilometers from the center. Blow Hole - a sea fountain, beating from a gap in the rock from the power of the surf. Even in quiet weather, the height of the jet reaches 10-12 meters.
- resort city in 42 km. south of Colombo. Here everything is created for water skiing, windsurfing, snorkeling, hunting, sailing. You can take a boat trip along the Kalu Ganga river. And this place is the center of the spices trade as well.
Ella and Nuwara Eliya
. There is a very large number of hiking trails here. From there, you can take a day out walking to the Horton Plains National Park. If you are not a hiker, Lankarus will be happy to arrange your excursion to the park by car. The same applies to the botanical garden near Nuwara Eliya in Hakgala. It is the botanical garden with rare mountainous tropical, subtropical and equatorial plants, located at an altitude of about 1800 meters above sea level.
- another popular center for diving lovers, located 130 km. south of Colombo. For diving enthusiasts in Kogalla there are centers that are open from October to March. Here even beginners are trained for 5 days. Here you can also go in for water skiing, windsurfing, sailing.
Trincomalee and Arugam Bay
. East coast - this is a favorite and very popular with the surfers part of the island. There are schools where you will be taught everything that is necessary. Starting with the selection of the board, which is enough to rent and not need to buy, and ending with practical exercises on the water. Professional coaches will work with you. They will teach the skills of sliding on the wave. In the East of Sri Lanka, the best places for surfing are the city of Trincomalee, and in the South-East - the bay and the beach of Arugam Bay. By the way, Arugam Bay is one of the three best surfing places in the world! This place we recommend you to visit from April to October.
. Underwater world of the resort place is characterized by an indescribable beauty. In some places, you can dive under the water to a depth of 35 m. Usually it takes only half an hour to get to the dive site.
The area itself is famous for its unique spicy cuisine and souvenirs. The resort is located just an hour's drive from Colombo. This distance is available for most tourists. On the coast offer to practice in windsurfing and water polo, have fun skating on scooters, bananas and water skiing. Among the popular dive routes of Bentota you can note Hundirangala with depth of 12 m. The distance from the shore is 10 minutes. The Southern Reef is 25 meters deep. The path of the boat will take 20 minutes. Canoe Rock is 20 minutes from the coast - one of the favorite sites among divers. Here coral reefs, shoals of fish and you can descend into the underwater cave to a depth of 20 meters. Good visibility under water is ensured by a complete absence of current. People like lovers of underwater caves and canyons come here because it is in Bentota that they are represented in all their beauty. From early October to early April, diving centers operate along the beaches along the river. Even beginners can dive here, accompanied by an experienced instructor.
Excursion around the Bentota River
- this is real water safari. During the water safari you can see the unique flora and fauna of the island. There are lizards here, and among the crocodiles there are only rare and small specimens. In the river area there live various kinds of monkeys, birds. From plants along the coasts are widespread mangroves, coconut palms and others. On the small islands are found along the way you can see the locals who are engaged in weaving mats from coconut fiber. A water walk is usually booked right by the river. Nearby the hotel you can find boatmen who also hire you along the river. An average walk lasts 2 hours. We recommend that you contact the guides at your hotel so that this excursion becomes more meaningful, because the guide will tell you about the river and its inhabitants.
- a great place to surf. Surfing for its amateurs is freedom. And the one who comes to Hikkaduwa comes for freedom. Here you can learn to surf the real, the primitive. Without a sail and a snake. In Hikkaduva, there is also an endless golden beach, and here you can live right on the shore of a real ocean, alive, with a tide and a low tide, a surf and a constant light breeze
In Hikkaduwa there is a reef fifty meters from the shore, where with mask and snorkel you can watch exotic fish and sea turtles in close proximity. And closer to noon the turtles come to a certain place of the reef where they can even be fed from their hands.
. A great place, and very popular with surfers from around the world. To Weligama come purposefully, often permanent, annual surfers. To ignore the dignity of the resort for surfing is simply impossible. In the bank of Lankarus dozens of enthusiastic reviews of tourists who have visited Weligama for active recreation. And, of course, without exception, all of our special offers for accommodation in the hotel Weligama under Lankarus are impressive - this is an old mansion that is over 150 years old, and which combines the architecture of the Portuguese, Dutch and even English colonial era. The estate is located only 120 meters from the shore, and was completely renovated in the spring of 2015. Our first guests were already able to appreciate the new look of the mansion. And of course appreciate the surfing opportunities of Weligama.
. From here, go on a boat to the open ocean to a specially protected area through which the path of dolphins and whales, migrating from the coast of Africa to the Bay of Bengal, passes. The uniqueness of the trip is that you will observe the animals only 5-7 kilometers from the shore. You will be able to see whales and dolphins in their natural habitat from a distance of 20-50 meters. Here you can meet 26 species of whales and dolphins, including the Blue Whale. They appear above the surface of the water and gracefully go deep, showing magnificent giant tails. This is one of the most unique and exciting excursions offered in Sri Lanka between December and April.
is the southernmost point of Sri Lanka. There is a Buddhist monastery inside the rock and is the largest Sri Lanka statue of the Sitting Buddha. A 20-minute ride on the shore is the Dondra Head Lighthouse. Ahead in a straight line in the ocean is no longer an island, and the nearest shore is Antarctica.
Kirindi Ella waterfall
. It's about in the mountainous part of the island. The waterfall looks gorgeous against the background of steep slopes covered with wild forest. Streams of water fall from a huge height of 116 meters. This spectacle is one of the most memorable for many guests of Sri Lanka
. The center of precious stones extraction. The extraction is carried out in mines manually, with the help of simple adaptations. On the bank of the river, the extracted soil is washed in baskets. Direct selection is performed by a qualified specialist. Stones occur quite often and abundantly. In a mine depth of 5-7 m you can go down and see how the workers take out the soil and strengthen the walls. More brave people have the opportunity to visit a more serious mine. Its depth is 30 meters, and the horizontal shafts are 40 meters long. Works are carried out by the light of lamps, on their knees. The air in the gallery is fed by motor pump. Descent down is possible on the wooden walls of the vertical trunk, with climbing insurance. Impressions from the descent into the mine will be unforgettable for you!
- the most full-flowing in Sri Lanka and a height of 80 meters. A narrow but powerful stream of water falls into a small lake. There are always a lot of young girls and women of different ages. People come here to ask for health and happiness. The place is very popular among locals and is equipped with numerous shopping arcades with souvenirs and sweets.
is excellent place to raft on Kelaniya Ganga river. Rafting is a great opportunity to admire the mountain scenery from the river, enjoy the passage of the rapids. Raft distance on the river Kelaniya Ganga is not difficult. 6 short thresholds are divided among themselves by sections with a quiet current. Rafts, as a rule, are six-seated, and are governed by Sri Lankan guides. All the necessary equipment will be provided to you on the spot. The rafting takes two hours.
(or Adam's Peak
) is a sacred mountain for believers of the four main world religions - Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists and Christians. The height is 2,243 meters. On the top of the mountain under the roof of a small temple there is a footprint in the stone. Buddhists believe that Buddha created a miracle here, physically being simultaneously in two places. The Muslims are convinced that this is the trace of Adam, which he left, having set foot on Earth after the overthrow of Paradise. Hindus claim that the trace belongs to Lord Siva, and he left it after his cosmic dance Tandav Nritya. Christians attribute the trace to the holy apostle Thomas, who preached in South India. The ascent takes 4 hours by a leisurely pace and with stops. Every night an endless stream of pilgrims climbs up, and in the morning descends. Along the slope there are comfortable steps and railings. Closer to the top, the surrounding mountain peaks are a fairy-tale island from a thick veil of clouds. During sunrise, Sri Pada begins to cast an ideally right triangular shadow on the surrounding terrain. This phenomenon reinforces the impression of a general fantastic picture around.
- the religious center and the former capital of Sri Lanka. In this city the main shrine of Buddhists - the sacred Tooth of the Buddha is kept. Nearby in Peradeniya is the oldest and richest Botanical Garden of Sri Lanka, which was founded in 1821. There you will see unusual plants, for example, trees planted by popular and famous people, politicians. Several trees were planted in due time personally very many world's well known and popular persons. By the way, the tree of the first cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin after his death completely ceased to grow. It is still low.
. The rock complex is famous for its frescoes - "Sigirian Ladies" or Apsaras, ancient images of the beautiful concubines of King Kassapa, who lived in the 5th century AD. These frescoes are at an altitude of about 150 meters on a cliff face. The rock itself is also unusual - it is a huge "cobblestone" about two hundred meters high, lonely lying among the plain of the jungle. The origin of the rock scientists explained. It arose as a result of the eruption of an ancient volcano and subsequent destruction into parts, the largest of which survived in the form of a rock. At the top you will see the remains of the ancient city, built by King Kassapa. This makes an indelible impression, and quite competes with the best examples of the surviving ruins of the world.
- Buddhist cave temple. It consists of five caves. Here is the largest collection of Buddha statues, many of which are over two thousand years old. Each cave is striking with decorations and its special atmosphere. Inside it is quiet, although there are always a lot of pilgrims and tourists, and you can indulge in contemplation just sitting at the wall.
- elephant nursery. There are many elephants in it. They are all very different and watching them is a pleasure. You can feed the little elephants themselves without parents. Feeding babies with milk from bottles in the early morning touches the soul of everyone. And near the place of bathing elephants in the river there are several terraces with restaurants. From here you get fantastic photos.
is a place for rest of local elite and wealthy tourists. Here all conditions for a comfortable and dynamic rest are created. Excellent green fields with holes of varying complexity, club house with restaurant and bar, where a board of honor with the names of the best players in the history of the golf club is presented.
The Golf Club was built in 1896. The title "royal" club was received after the British King George V in 1928. The fee for using the field amounts to different amounts per day or per week. Club members are exempt from payment, but must pay for the services of caddies (a ball carrier). You can rent both one stick and a full set for playing golf. They like to come here not only to play golf, but also to enjoy beautiful views of mountain rainforests and lakes.
proudly has its epithet A Land Like No Other
. We described only a small fraction of the possible types of your holiday in our country. The island has limitless opportunities for outdoor activities and during a short trip and during a fairly long stay. Everyone will find an exciting and dynamic adventure to your taste
. It remains only to choose
and to come
Sri Lanka is a place on Earth where you have to be!
Team Lankarus Lanka Private Limited